- Limited to single property meetings/events
- City-wide, mini-wide, or events receiving other DTPIDC funds are not eligible
- Maximum funding per hotel, per fiscal year, is limited to $150,000 (subject to change by Board)
- Must show competition with cities/properties outside the city of Dallas
- Maximum funding is based upon 10% of room revenue achieved
- Limited to events using a minimum of ten guestrooms on peak
- Only hotels on the DTPIDC Assessment Roll are eligible to participate
- Funds are available on a first-come, first-serve basis
- The Board approves the overall program guidelines and votes on the overall program’s renewal/cancellation/or policy and general eligibility changes at the April Board meeting
- Hotels may submit applications for meetings/events beyond the current fiscal year with the understanding that the final disposition of funds will be subject to the approved program guidelines for that fiscal year
The incentives are intended to directly incentivize and benefit the hotel customer and are in place to enable local eligible hotels to compete with hotels in other geographic markets and/or retain such business. The requesting hotel must provide the intended use of the incentive on the original application. Following the group’s departure, the hotel will be required to provide written confirmation that the funds were used as described in the original application to benefit the event customer.
The hotel must submit the final pick-up report showing the number of rooms actualized and the total actual lodging revenue within 30 days of the event. After the Program Administrator and Contract Administrator validate and approve the final pick-up report, the hotel is paid within 30 days.
- Review guidelines
- Identify target meeting
- Forecast potential impact on room lodging revenue
- Prior to contracting, when competing for the business, submit online pre-event application
- Await notification of approval (usually within a few days)
- After business is won/lost contact program administrator to update status
- After event actualized, submit online post-event form within 30 days (post-event form will ask for conformation that the funds will be used as described in the original application)
For more information on how the Hotel Marketing Incentive Program may assist your property, contact Sheryl Budelier, Program Administrator, (469) 903-7697 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re happy to help walk your staff through the process for applying for this incentive.