Let’s Bring Art to Everyone
The Cultural Arts Event Marketing Fund is designed to provide local Dallas groups and organizations the opportunity to apply for funding to enhance marketing efforts attract or retain groups, visitors, and hotel activity to Dallas. Qualifying cultural arts events can be a single event, season, or annual calendar of events.
7.5% of the Dallas Tourism Public Improvement District’s (DTPID) budget is dedicated for this purpose and, as with all other expenditures, is subject to a 10-to-1 return on investment. Subject to board approval, funds are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
*Funding has Closed for Fiscal Year 2022-2023.
- Applicants/Events limited to $25,000 annually (for events occurring October 1, 2022 – September 30, 2023)
- Maximum funding may be reached before the end of the application acceptance period. Should this occur, the application period will close.
- Events must benefit DTPID participant hotels
- Events must generate a minimum of 30 hotel rooms nights
- Events must be open to the public
- Applicant must demonstrate marketing and promotions to communities outside of the 50 mile radius of Dallas with the intent to increase the visibility of Dallas as an overnight destination
- Events cannot be primarily a fundraiser or gala; a fundraising component is permissible
- Non-profit entities eligible for up to 50% of approved funding upfront
- Events receiving other DTPID funds are ineligible
- Expos and Conventions are not eligible for the event incentive fund
- Alterations to forms may result in rejection of the application
- Follow all directions on the Cultural Arts Event Funding Application
- Submit application at least 90 days prior to the event
- Await notification of approval
- Submit final report within 30 days after the event
- Receive reimbursement for approved expenses